What’s the fun day all about?
Your JRSO’s will learn how to feel confident when giving assemblies, find out about the various initiatives we offer, get ideas for campaigns they can run in school and learn how to develop and promote good journey planning and road safety skills. Workshops are set up by Bucks Fire and Rescue Service, Thames Valley Police, Living Streets and Transport For Buckinghamshire.
All of the activities can be replicated in school. The event will help to enthuse and motivate the JRSOs to be active and successful in their role. They will come back to school with more experience and knowledge to encourage safe, active and sustainable travel and support your school travel plan.
It’s a great day and a great way for your JRSOs to learn how to undertake their very important role at your school. And the adult Helpers often pick up lots of hints and tips too!
Comments on previous JRSO fun day
- We plan to run a Walk to School Bingo week
- Improve road safety in and around school
- Help us all to be safer on the roads around our school
- They were given a clever idea about their role and how they can raise the profile in school
- This raised their awareness of road safety and gave us all more ideas for assemblies, events and campaigns