The Buckinghamshire Academy for School Leadership (BASL)
The BASL pages are currently undergoing development. For information on BASL, contact Kathryn Hathaway at firstname.lastname@example.org
BASL aims to:
- provide advice, support and professional development for school leaders
- maintain and promote awareness of developments in school leadership
- act as an advocate for the needs of school leaders, both locally and nationally
Eligibility for BASL membership
All schools, whether you are in Buckinghamshire or not, are entitled to subscribe to membership of the Academy for the 2018/2019 Academic Year. Fees are invoiced at the start of the academic year.
Only Buckinghamshire headteachers are able to stand for election to the BASL Board.
Headteachers of all BASL member schools have full voting rights at the AGM of BASL which takes place at the Annual Conference for School Leaders in March.
The BASL offer 2019-20
BASL member schools for the 2019-20 Academic Year are able to access:
- attendance at the BASL Annual Conference for School Leaders at reduced rates
- discounted access to a programme of 3 half-day Leadership Development Workshop in the 2019-20 academic year. First delegate at £20 for members, £60 for non-members. Two places at non-member rate per school
- BASL Developmental Reviews – one day peer-to-peer review by trained Headteacher colleagues to act as an ‘external eye’, with a focus on an area of your choice
Membership charges 2019-20
- Schools of under 150 on roll £100 plus VAT
- Schools of 150‐250 on roll £200 plus VAT
- Schools in excess of 250 on roll £300 plus VAT
Planning for the 2019-20 Leadership Development Workshops is underway. Details will be released as soon as possible.
The Abbey Centre,