The Aylesbury team
The Aylesbury team
All schools/settings within Buckinghamshire are allocated a named EHC Coordinator. You can find out your named EHCO here:
Their email is their in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
Area team manager
Christine Preston Area team manager in the AV Hub
Welcome to the Aylesbury Integrated SEND Service hub page.
I have over 40 years’ experience in teaching working within a number of education settings , including working with children and young people with SEND within the secure estate , alternative provision and in further education settings . I have also worked in a non-departmental government quango and a local authority mainly working on the planning and funding of education.
I manage a team of EHC Coordinators, Educational Psychologists and Specialist Teachers. We support children and young people, their families and settings, striving together to achieve the best possible outcomes for all of our children and young people.
Senior Education Health and Care Coordinator
Scott Strand Senior Education Health and Care Coordinator, Aylesbury Area Hub.
Direct line manager to all EHCCos within the Aylesbury area and Senior point of contact.
Scott will be starting with us in June 2021. In the interim period please contact your EHCCo in the first instance or the team manager Christine Preston.
Senior Educational Psychologist
Hi, my name is Jenny Feeney and I am the Senior Educational Psychologist in the Aylesbury Vale Hub. My roles are:
- To manage the team of Educational Psychologists working within the AV Hub including provision of clinical supervision sessions
- To co-chair SEN surgery alongside the other Area Seniors
- To advise on complex cases, those where there is a crisis or where a complaint has been made (including tribunal work)
- To act as point of contact to schools and parents whose needs have not been met through contact with EHCOs, EPs or STs acting as primary contact to settings
My contact details are as follows:
As interim Senior Specialist Teacher for the Aylesbury Area Team my role includes the following:
- Oversight and management of the Team of Specialist Teachers supporting schools and families within the Aylesbury Vale Area. This includes Specialist Teachers and Specialist Support Assistants for Autism, Language, Cognition and Learning and Down syndrome.
- Allocation of Specialist Teacher support to schools and pupils where this has been identified as a provision within an EHCP.
- Arranging additional Specialist Teacher support for schools through Advice Sessions, SENCo Support Network Meetings and Training sessions.
- Providing a traded offer of support for schools who wish to purchase additional support.
- Working alongside colleagues within iSEND to ensure the needs of schools and families within the Aylesbury Vale Area are met.
- Acting as a point of contact for schools and parents wishing to further discuss Specialist Teacher support and following up on any issues which may arise.
I am also the Lead Trainer for the Autism Education Trust (AET) Schools and Post-16 Training programme within Buckinghamshire. Please see www.autismeducationtrust.org.uk for further information.
I may be contacted via the Specialist Teacher mailbox: email@example.com or 01494 475199.
Senior Specialist Teacher for Hearing Impairment
My role includes the following:
- Management and oversight of the team of Hearing Support Specialist Teachers and the Multi Sensory Impairment Specialist Teacher supporting settings and families across the county.
- Allocation of Specialist Teacher support to children and young people with a diagnosed hearing loss and those who have both a diagnosed hearing and visual loss. This includes for children identified with a hearing impairment through the Newborn Hearing Screening Programme.
- Working alongside colleagues within the Integrated SEND Service and professionals in health and social care to ensure the needs of children and young people are met.
- Managing and monitoring specialist resources and equipment.
- Representing the Hearing Support Team / being part of local organisations and services for children and young people with a hearing impairment. Delivering trainings and professional development.
- A point of contact for settings and parents wishing to discuss hearing and multi sensory impairment Specialist Teacher support and following up on any issues which may arise.
Contact me via the Specialist Teacher mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01494 475199.