Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
THE BUCKINGHAMSHIRE SCHOOL AWARDS 2024
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions, an entry is the completion and submission of an entry form nominating a person (or persons) for an award in one of the award categories included in the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024.
- Entry to the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024 is free. This competition is owned and managed by Buckinghamshire Council, and by submitting an entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to all members of staff and governors in all state schools in Buckinghamshire including maintained schools, academies and free schools.
- Entry to the Student Voice Teacher of the Year Awards are open to official school voice bodies only and the entry must be written by the School's Student Voice group. Groups can be supported in this by their staff facilitator if required, but the nomination must be centred around pupils' own words.
- A completed entry and any supporting evidence submitted by a member of school staff or governor must be submitted through the online nominations form by 5:00pm on Thursday 28th March 2024. Entries for the Student Voice Awards must be submitted by the Student Voice Group's staff facilitator and can either be completed through the online nomination form or on a paper version, scanned and emailed to email@example.com by the same deadline.
- In the case of accessibility or technical issues relating to the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange alternative means of entry.
- Each entry and the information in it must be truthful and accurate on the time and date the entry is submitted.
- Buckinghamshire Council reserves the right to undertake due diligence enquiries about nominations made in entries, including consulting with third parties and conducting checks.
- Every entry must be endorsed by the Headteacher of the school to which the nominee is connected. If the Headteacher is included in a nomination, then the entry must be endorsed by the Chair of Governors of the relevant school. If an individual moves schools during the course of the nomination and judging process, the Headteacher of both schools will need to endorse the nomination.
- There is no limit on the number of categories that an individual/school can be entered into, or how many entries a school can make in each category. Only one entry can be made per school in the two Student Voice Award categories.
- An individual/team can not enter themselves into an award.
- An individual who has retired/resigned or who will retire/leave the profession prior to the end of March 2024 can not be entered into an award.
- Buckinghamshire Council cannot take responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or which cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of completion is not proof of delivery.
- Buckinghamshire Council reserves the right to eliminate any entry that does not fulfill the nomination criteria applicable to a particular award category, or which has been partially or incorrectly completed. Any decision to eliminate an entry by Buckinghamshire Council shall be final.
- Buckinghamshire Council reserves the right to exclude a nominee from further participation in the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024 where Buckinghamshire Council becomes aware of acts or omissions by a nominee which may bring the Council and/or the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024 into disrepute or otherwise create a negative impression of Buckinghamshire Council in the minds of the public. Where Buckinghamshire Council becomes aware of such acts or omissions by a nominee after an award to that nominee has been made, Buckinghamshire Council reserves the right to withdraw that award from that nominee.
- The judges’ decision for each and every award in each and every category of the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024 is final and no negotiation or correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges will be judging anonymised entries, which shall be redacted of all and any personal data capable of identifying a nominee.
- Nominees will be contacted to inform them they have been nominated for an award and will be given the opportunity to withdraw from the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024.
- Any media or information shared by the nominator must adhere to the relevant school’s photography and data protection policies and be redacted of features which would enable the school to be identified (e.g. school logos, signage etc). Any submissions of media or information where the school/individual can be identified will not be accepted. The nominator must ensure they have existing consent to share the images/information and are able to manage this consent.
- If the nominated individual, team or school become a finalist they will be invited to share their experience of achievements for which they were nominated through Buckinghamshire Council’s promotional and communications channels.
- All information provided by nominators and nominees will only be used in connection with the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024 and for the purposes described in these terms and conditions.
- All material submitted as part of any entry and the copyright thereof, as well as the rights of any interviews, shall become the property of Buckinghamshire Council. No entry or supporting material will be returned.
- To maintain the integrity of the process for determining awards in the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024, all correspondence and information relating to the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024, including entry forms, identities of the nominees, number of nominees and shortlisted nominations are and shall remain confidential until such information is made public by Buckinghamshire Council.
- Buckinghamshire Council reserve the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions, including the award categories, without notice. Any changes to the Buckinghamshire School Awards 2024 will be uploaded to SchoolsWeb as soon as possible.
- Please see Buckinghamshire Council’s Privacy Notice for information on how Buckinghamshire Council will handle the nominee’s personal data included in an entry.