Statutory assessment and moderation
Local authorities have a statutory duty to moderate the teacher assessment judgements each year for a minimum sample of 25% of schools in key stages 1 and 2.
For Key stage 1 this requires the moderation of judgments in reading, writing, and maths, at key stage 2 moderation takes place for writing judgements only.
Local authorities also have a statutory duty to monitor the administration of key stage 2 (KS2) national curriculum tests and the phonics screening check.
The management of this process is delivered by Buckinghamshire Council.
The Standards and Testing Agency have published The Assessment and Reporting Arrangements
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Key stage one
- Key stage two
- KS1 teacher assessment guidance
- KS2 teacher assessment guidance
- KS2 access arrangements guidance about how schools can support pupils participating in the 2021 KS2 national curriculum tests.
- KS2 timetable variations guidance about how schools can reschedule KS2 tests if pupils are absent.
- Multiplication tables check technical guidance for IT and network managers at schools choosing to take part in the optional 2021 multiplication tables check.