Governance of Side by Side
Governance of the Side by Side School Improvement model is through the Education Reference Group. This is a strategic group of educational partners from across education sectors and geographical areas of Buckinghamshire. The School Leaders group is made up of representatives from all age phases, regions, sectors, selective and non-selective schools, academies and maintained schools.
- Support the objectives of The Education and Skills Strategy by ensuring improved outcomes for children and young people by identifying, securing and facilitating resource appropriately
- Develop a sustainable school-led system to improve outcomes
- Identify trends that contribute to under performance and capture evidence to show the impact of school to school collaboration
- Champion a collective ambition to improve
- Secure best practice and facilitate school innovation
- Build collaborative networks that balance autonomy and accountability
- To have oversight of the Side by Side delivery model, plan and the necessary resources
- To identify new strands of support where appropriate
- To share and gather intelligence in order to support and progress the partnership.
- To identify barriers to success so as to monitor and mitigate risks and related issues
- To evaluate priorities and set new ones where appropriate
- To evaluate evidence and impact of the partnership
- To assess options to secure the future sustainability of the delivery model
The Reference Group meets every half term.