Side by Side Pupil Champions (SSPCs)
SSPCs are expert practitioners recruited from all Buckinghamshire Schools with proven expertise in a particular area.
SSPCs are selected to work closely with schools identified as requiring Intervention or Prevention support, referred to as Supported Schools.
SSPCs have at least two years’ experience and a first-class knowledge in at least one specialism including:
- A curriculum subject
- Vulnerable groups/pupil premium and disadvantaged pupils
Side by Side SSPCs:
- Are outstanding middle or senior leaders with the relevant knowledge and experience to be successful SSPC in their area of expertise.
- Have a successful track record, supported by impact evidence, of working effectively within their own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- Have a commitment to outreach work and the capacity to undertake such work
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to work sensitively and collaboratively with peers and colleagues
- Have an understanding of what constitute good and outstanding elements of school practice and have the ability and confidence to articulate this
- Have an appreciation of how their skills and specialism can contribute to the wider school improvement agenda
- Have an analytical approach to identifying needs and can prioritise accordingly
Buckinghamshire Council and Side by Side are recruiting for SSPCs
Buckinghamshire Council and Side by Side are seeking to recruit additional SSPCs for this forthcoming academic year.
Who can apply?
Outstanding practitioners and middle or senior school leaders with a particular area of expertise and the capacity, skills, and commitment to support others in similar positions in other schools.
Applications will be considered from practitioners from all specialisms and SSPCs can have more than one specialism.
As an SSPC you will develop the capacity of individuals and teams in other schools using coaching or facilitation support that draws on your knowledge and expertise in your specialist area. This will contribute to improving outcomes for children, with priority being given to Supported Schools.
There is no predefined time commitment for SSPC work and deployments will be dependent on the current needs of Supported Schools and capacity within your own school.
You will however be required to attend half a day's core training following a successful application.
The next recruitment window for SSPCs opens on Monday 5th February 2024.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 7th March 2024.
Interviews will take place on Friday 15th March 2024.
Your school will be financially compensated for SSPC deployment, the rate of this compensation will be confirmed by Buckinghamshire Council prior to deployment. There is no cost to apply.
Application forms for SSPCs are available to download below as a Word document. If you experience any issues accessing the forms, please contact email@example.com
Please email the completed application form, clearly marked “SSPC APPLICATION” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the SSPC application form below: