School liaison groups
School liaison groups
School Liaison Groups
School liaison groups are arranged by area and there are 17 across Buckinghamshire. The membership consists of Headteachers from all schools – Primary, Secondary, Special, Academy, Grammar, and PRU.
Aylesbury Vale Area
- Aylesbury Town
- Buckingham and Winslow
- John Colet
Chiltern and South Bucks Area
- Wycombe North
- Wye Valley
The aim of the School Liaison Groups is to provide localised support for Headteachers, sharing problems and solutions as well as providing updates from other boards (Primary Executive Board, PEB & Buckinghamshire Association of Secondary Headteachers, BASH) or other working groups. The groups are encouraged to collaborate on projects when topics are identified or solutions required. These can range from attendance, transition and behaviour to moderation and admissions.
Representatives from the School Improvement team will provide updates on Ofsted guidance, Buckinghamshire Council news and events as well as messages from other LA teams.
Organisation of Liaison Groups
- Liaison Group meetings are held at the beginning of every half term.
- Dates for Liaison Group meetings are agreed by group members, in order to facilitate attendance.
- The running and administration of the meetings is the responsibility of schools and they are facilitated by the School Engagement Officers.
- Agendas are agreed by all members of the group to reflect the needs and issues at the time.
- Buckinghamshire Council are represented by a member of the Side by Side Partnership Team at meetings.
The Liaison Group structure is a real strength for Buckinghamshire, Headteachers regularly feedback how reassuring and valuable they are. The meetings are led by the Headteachers in Bucks and the focus is always centred around topics and issues that are pertinent to each group. The continued success of the liaison groups will be key to the success of Side by Side through driving local collaborations and shared learning.
For further information regarding the liaison group meetings contact the School Engagement Officers:
Hazel David email@example.com 07824 482570
Gemma Thorp firstname.lastname@example.org 07890 395017
Or the School Improvement Team: email@example.com