(More examples will be available in the support materials)
Communication and Language
- ELG: Listening, Attention and Understanding.
- ELG: Speaking.
Using stories, persona dolls, show and tell to explore how different religions are lived out in the home and their impact on family and home life.
- ELG: Comprehension.
- ELG: Writing.
Responding to stories, re-telling stories, from different religions and cultures, exploring different ways of life.
Understanding the World
- ELG: Past and Present.
- ELG: People, Culture and Communities.
- Know some similarities and differences between different religious and cultural communities in this country, drawing on their experiences and what has been read in class.
- Explain some similarities and differences between life in this country and life in other countries, drawing on knowledge from stories, non-fiction texts and – when appropriate – maps.
Learning about some key people from the religions through story – e.g. Jesus, Muhammad (pbuh), Moses, Guru Nanak, Buddha.
Important people in the communities – e.g. Vicar, Rabbi, Imam
Families in the UK, in India, and how religious celebrations are similar and different.
Expressive Arts and Design
- ELG: Creating with Materials
- ELG: Being Imaginative and Expressive
Using art to express what is important to them and to others.
Using music, drama and art to retell stories.