The Buckinghamshire Academy for School Leadership (BASL)
BASL aims to :
- provide advice, support and professional development for school leaders
- maintain and promote awareness of developments in school leadership
- act as an advocate for the needs of school leaders, both locally and nationally
Eligibility for BASL membership
All schools, whether you are in Buckinghamshire or not, are entitled to subscribe to membership of the Academy. Fees are invoiced at the start of the academic year.
Only Buckinghamshire headteachers are able to stand for election to the BASL Board.
Headteachers of all BASL member schools have full voting rights at the AGM of BASL which takes place at the Annual Conference for School Leaders in March.
The BASL offer 2023/24
BASL member schools for the 2023/24 Academic Year are able to access:
- Discounted access to a programme of Leadership Development Seminars in the 2023-24 academic year. Each delegate at £10 + VAT
- BASL Developmental Reviews – one day peer-to-peer review by trained Headteacher colleagues to act as an ‘external eye’, with a focus on an area of your choice
- Discounted place at the annual BASL Conference, 21st & 22nd March 2024 in Stratford Upon Avon
- Free end of year celebration event for all new headteachers
Membership Charges 2023/24
- Schools of under 150 on roll £100 plus VAT
- Schools of 151‐250 on roll £200 plus VAT
- Schools in excess of 251 on roll £300 plus VAT
To apply for or renew BASL membership, email email@example.com