The Buckinghamshire Academy for School Leadership (BASL)
BASL aims to :
- provide advice, support and professional development for school leaders
- maintain and promote awareness of developments in school leadership
- act as an advocate for the needs of school leaders, both locally and nationally
Eligibility for BASL membership
All schools, whether you are in Buckinghamshire or not, are entitled to subscribe to membership of the Academy. Fees are invoiced at the start of the academic year.
Only Buckinghamshire headteachers are able to stand for election to the BASL Board.
Headteachers of all BASL member schools have full voting rights at the AGM of BASL which takes place at the Annual Conference for School Leaders in March.
The BASL offer 2020/21
BASL member schools for the 2020-21 Academic Year are able to access:
- Discounted access to a programme of Leadership Development Workshop in the 2020-21 academic year. First delegate at £10 + VAT, additional delegates £50 + VAT for members, £60 for non-members. Two places at non-member rate per school
- BASL Developmental Reviews – one day peer-to-peer review by trained Headteacher colleagues to act as an ‘external eye’, with a focus on an area of your choice
Membership Charges 2020/21
- Schools of under 150 on roll £100 plus VAT
- Schools of 150‐250 on roll £200 plus VAT
- Schools in excess of 250 on roll £300 plus VAT
Please see Leadership Development workshops