The Government expects:
- Schools and Local Authorities to:
- promote good attendance and reduce absence, including persistent absence;
- ensure every pupil has access to full-time education to which they are entitled;
- act early to address patterns of absence.
- Parents to perform their legal duty by ensuring their children of compulsory school age who are registered at school attend regularly.
- All pupils to be punctual to lessons.
Amendments for the Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 came into force on 1 September 2013. These amendments refer to term time holiday, education penalty notices and deleting pupils from the attendance register where the pupil has ceased to be of compulsory school age and has failed to meet the academic requirements for entry to their sixth-form.
County Attendance Team (SchoolsWeb)
Attendance Codes (SchoolsWeb)