The recruitment team assists schools in attracting and selecting the most skilled, talented, and motivated candidates for permanent, fixed-term vacancies and agency roles.
We offer a range of services that can be tailored to your needs. We know the current market for teaching and leadership vacancies is difficult, but our advertising service helps get your vacancies seen, we have around 4 million visitors per year to our recruitment webpages. We publish your vacancy on the BC website, intranet, and in the weekly school's vacancy bulletin (term-time). In addition, you will have access to cost-effective charges for external advertising. A good number of other recruitment websites are picking up vacancies from our website and re-advertising them for you for free.
We also offer additional recruitment services including sourcing and engaging with candidates, designing and delivery of interview questions/assessment centre exercises, psychometric testing, and recruitment training.
We can put you in touch with reputable recruitment agencies who can supply temporary and/or permanent staff. These agencies adhere to the same rigorous pre-employment and safeguarding checks that we have in place.
If you take on an agency worker through Pertemps, there are no temp to perm recruitment fees after 12 weeks - saving you a considerable amount of money if you want to permanently recruit the worker or offer them a fixed-term contract.
Supply Desk Transfer Fees following Temporary Placements + VAT
Please refer to Supply Desk’s ‘Terms of Business for the Supply of Agency Workers’ for details of how and when a ‘transfer fee’ may be charged Terms of Business - Supply Desk. Their standard transfer fee is 25% of salary but the following fee structure will apply for the Buckinghamshire Recruitment Partnership:
- After 1 term of temporary supply = 15% of salary
- After 2 terms of temporary supply = 10% of salary
- After 3 terms of temporary supply = No charge
For information on how to purchase this service, call the service desk on 01296 382 233.
Important documents & links
The advert booking form is available in 3 formats:
- Complete the Online advert booking form
- Refer to the Online advert booking form user guide (PDF)
- Download the advert booking form (PDF)
- Download the advert booking form (Microsoft Word)
The BC Self-Declaration Form (PDF) is to be completed separately by the shortlisted candidates as a consequence of the KCSiE's new guidance
How to place a request for recruitment advertising
- Complete the Online advert booking form. You can also complete our advertising booking form and send it to email@example.com for publication on the BC intranet and external website within 48 hours of receipt.
- Any changes to your draft advert will be sent back to you for approval. Your advert will then be put on the Buckinghamshire Councils vacancies website and included in the school's vacancies bulletin.
- For advertising in other media such as the Times Educational Supplement, advert costs can be found on the advertising booking form. We will liaise with TES on your behalf and send you the link to your advert once it is live. TES will then invoice you directly.
- If you have any comments or questions about our service or would like to find out more about the range of additional recruitment services that we offer including copywriting, social media advertising, psychometric testing, etc, please contact our advertising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Schools Resourcing Advisor, Anna Falek, on 01494 732155 or email email@example.com.
How to create an effective advert
To create an effective advert you will need to include:
- job title
- eye-catching first sentence for the overview
- detail about your school, why it’s a great school to work in, and any unique selling points
- summary of the role, what will their average day look like
- describe what personal qualities will enable them to excel in this role
- how to apply and contact details
Write the advert in the simplest way possible, using plain English. For example, ‘ask’ rather than enquire, and please include a job description as an attachment.
Refer to the Legal Framework for current legislation and can be said, to include criteria that will filter out unsuitable candidates e.g. essential qualifications.