At a glance
- The recruitment team assists schools in attracting and selecting the most skilled, talented and motivated candidates for permanent, fixed term vacancies and agency roles.
- We offer a range of services which can be tailored to your needs. We know the current market for teaching and leadership vacancies is difficult, but our advertising service helps get your vacancies seen, we have around 4 million visitors per year to our recruitment webpages. We publish your vacancy on the BCC website, intranet and in the weekly schools vacancy bulletin (term-time), we also publish all teaching vacancies on the job centre website. In addition, you will have access to cost-effective charges for external advertising. A good number of other recruitment websites are picking up vacancies from our website and re-advertising them for you for free.
- We also offer additional recruitment services including sourcing and engaging with candidates, designing and delivery of interview questions/assessment centre exercises, psychometric testing and recruitment training.
- We can put you in touch with reputable recruitment agencies who can supply temporary and/or permanent staff. These agencies adhere to the same rigorous pre-employment and safeguarding checks that BCC has in place and if you take on an agency worker there are no temp to perm recruitment fees after 12 weeks - saving you a considerable amount of money if you want to permanently recruit the worker or offer them a fixed term contract.
For information on how to purchase this service call the service desk on 01296 382233.
Advertising Booking Form (Updated September 2019)
Application form - teaching (Updated May 2018)
Application form - non-teaching DBS (Updated May 2018)
Asylum and Immigration
Employment status of suppliers/sole traders
Legal Framework in relation to recruitment and selection
New Starter Checklist
Recommended structure and pay grades for support staff in schools
Recruitment Considerations– things to consider before recruiting
Recruitment & Retention Toolkit
Safer Recruitment Toolkit
How to place a request for recruitment advertising
- Complete the advertising booking form and send to email@example.com for publication on the BCC intranet and external website within 48 hours of receipt.
- Any changes to your draft advert will be sent back to you for approval. Your advert will then be put on the Bucks County Councils vacancies website, included in the schools vacancies bulletin.
- For advertising in other media such as the Times Educational Supplement, estimated advert costs are sent to the school for sign off before the advert is set. The advertising partner will provide advice on strap-lines, creating effective and eye catching adverts. The school has the final sign off of the advert in advance of the publication. A purchase order is required from the appropriate school finance system prior to the placing of the advert.
- If you have any comments or questions about our service or would like to find out more about the range of additional recruitment services that we offer including copy writing, social media advertising, psychometric testing etc, please contact our advertising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Schools Resourcing Advisor, Tara Phipps, on 01296 382357 or email email@example.com.
How to create an effective advert
To create an effective advert you will need to include:
- job title
- contract type
- eye catching first sentence for the overview
- detail about your school, why it’s a great school to work in and any unique selling points
- summary of the role, what will their average day look like
- describe what personal qualities will enable them to excel at this role
- how to apply and contact details
Write the advert in the simplest way possible, using plain English. For example, ‘ask’ rather than enquire, and please include a job description as an attachment.
Refer to the Legal Framework for current legislation and can be said, including criteria that will filter out unsuitable candidates e.g. essential qualification.