At a glance
- Salaries are paid on the last working day of every month including December.
- Paper based claims should be sent to Human Resources by the 12th of the month in order to be included in that month’s pay.
- All eforms must be submitted to Human Resources by 12th of the Month (or the previous working day if the 12th is a weekend or bank holiday) in order to be paid and processed in that month.
- Deadlines for December are usually much earlier, date is notified via schools Bulletin
- To calculate an employee’s salary and Full Time Equivalent see the Pay Calculations (Contracts and Payroll subscribers only).
- To contact the Tax Office, call 0845 3000627, you will be asked to quote the PAYE reference number for Buck County Council which is 120/B50500. Academies will have a separate reference number.
- All maintained schools are required by statute to have a pay policy. BCC recommends that this policy should include how pay decisions for both teachers and support staff will be applied.
Model Pay Policy
School teachers’ pay – additional information.
Bucks Pay (Schools)
- Support staff are paid on Bucks Pay Employment conditions and on Bucks Pay (Schools) pay ranges.
- Each Salary Range has 5 incremental points; employees will receive an increment on the 1 April each year (subject to satisfactory job performance) until the top of the Range has been reached.
- Increments for new employees or existing employees who have been re-graded or promoted (less than 6 months) will be paid on 1 April. Those with start dates between 1 October and 31 March will receive their first increment six months after being in post. Thereafter increments will be paid on 1 April each year until the top of the Range has been reached.
- Incremental progression is subject to satisfactory job performance.
For further information visit the Buck Pay Scales page.
- Teachers are paid on National Conditions based on the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document, published each year by the government.
- Salaries are paid on the unqualified, main, upper, leading practitioner or leadership pay ranges. Allowances (eg, Fringe, Teaching and Learning responsibility, SEN, recruitment and retention) can also be paid depending on the contractual requirements of the role. The schools pay policy should set out the criteria for these payments.
Term time work