Changes on this website

Please be aware that the appearance of these pages will be changing. If you cannot locate the information you are looking for, please complete the contact us form.

Contact us




For Bucks payroll subscribers

Bucks Pay

Contractual overtime - where an employee is permanently contracted to work longer than their contracted hours.

Voluntary overtime - where the Council asks an employee to work overtime and the employee is free to turn down the request as there is no contractual obligation on either side to offer or refuse overtime.


Overtime process

Part-time employees -overtime will be paid at the normal hourly rate for any hours worked up to 37 per week.

Employees on ranges 1-6 - time and a half is paid for any hours worked over 37 per week.

Employees on ranges 7 and above - the normal hourly rate is paid for any hours worked over 37 per week.

Overtime is claimed via the overtime e-form. 

Overtime e-form

This is filled in by the bursar and then sent to the Head Teacher for approval. Once it has been approved, it gets sent through to HR via SAP and processed automatically.

Please ensure that overtime claims have been approved by the 12th of the month to ensure that the employee is paid for that month.



Overtime cannot be claimed for teachers who work on a full-time contract.

Part-time teachers claiming overtime will do this as supply work and claim it through the supply teaching e-form.

Teachers who are doing extra work need to fill in a paper claim form. They will then hand this to the school’s bursar who will input it on a Supply Teachers e-form.

Supply teaching e-form

This will then be sent to the head teacher for approval before being submitted to HR via SAP.

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good