From 1st April 2023, the independent and confidential Occupational Health provision is provided by TP Health who trade as Optima. They work in partnership with the Council to:
- provide good quality management advice
- provide fast and effective interventions
- reduce sickness absence
TP Health t/a Optima Health
Schools purchase the Occupational health service direct from TP Health/Optima by completing the School new customer registration form and School portal user form and sending these to Amy Cornelius at TP Health via email@example.com
This is a pay as use service with no annual charge, no joining or on-boarding fees and no exit charges. Indicative prices are here, they are not expected to change until April 2027, unless there are any statutory changes such as increases to tax/NI/apprenticeship levy etc. TP Health/Optima will invoice you on a monthly basis.
- Pre-employment health questionnaire - £16 per check
- Pre-employment health questionnaire with OH Adviser call- £21 per check
- Occupational Health Referral with OH Adviser (60 minutes) - £90 per appointment
- Occupational Health Referral with OH Practitioner - £215 per appointment
- GP/Specialist report £20
- Ill-health retirement - £215 per case
Services available include:
- Access to the online portal myOH which features a section for managers who wish to make a referral and for employees who want to view their own case history in real time. The system also has a messaging service which allows managers to communicate with TP Health/Optima about cases.
- Management helpline for advice on medical conditions and TP Health/Optima support. Please contact the TP Health Customer Support team on
- Telephone: 01327 810271
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website with information on medical conditions, how these may affect employees in the workplace and what support may be helpful.
- Pre-employment health questionnaires and referrals to understand if any support or adjustments are required to support your new starters.
- Management referrals with qualified Occupational Health professionals, with the option for a post appointment de-brief with the line manager.
- Physiotherapy at a range of local clinics
- Vaccination clinics including Hepatitis B, Covid and Winter Flu.
- Any other relevant OH service.
To carry out a pre-employment health check:
- Please log into the TP Health/Optima system using this link and follow the guidance in the attached manual.
To refer an employee to TP Health/Optima:
- Please log into TP Health/Optima system and follow the guidance in the attached manual.
- Please note that if you purchase our Consultancy & Advisory package, we can support you with this referral to ensure you get the most from the referral.
- A video showing you how to complete the referral form is available - https://vimeo.com/656594712 please use password TP_MER23
- A user guide is also attached showing how to complete a referral, together with guidance on how to make a great referral.
Employee assistance programme
This is also delivered by TP Health/Optima and is a confidential personal support service which is available free of charge to schools where the Council is the employer. For more information, please visit Employee Assistance Programme (SchoolsWeb)