Employee assistance programme
Employee assistance programme
From 1st April 2023, your EAP is provided by TP Health t/a Optima Health and is a completely independent and confidential personal support service which is available free of charge to schools where the Council is the employer.
- A totally confidential 24 hour/365 day phoneline for employees and their immediate family living at the same address.
- Up to 6 counselling/support sessions are available for employees (not immediate family).
- A confidential 24 hour/365 day phone line for managers who want guidance on how to support their employees.
- Webchat functionality
- A pro-active app providing resources to help you with your specific health and well-being needs.
Support covering the following topics:
- Financial concerns, budgeting or debt issues
- Workplace issues
- Anxiety, stress or depression
- Physical and mental health concerns
- Emotional, relationships or family issues
- Bereavement support
- Legal issues – disputes with neighbours, retailers, energy suppliers etc
Call the employee freephone number:
- For maintained schools where the Council is the employer - 0800 058 1486.
- For Academies – 0800 034 4684
If managers need guidance on how to support their employees, they can also call the helpline for help.
No matter what time of day or night, when life gets challenging, or you just simply need advice TP Health t/a Optima is there for you
Your calls will be answered by experienced, professional, and non-judgmental advisors that will provide you with peace of mind. The service is confidential, so you can have confidence that your conversations will remain between you and your advisor.
The Workplace Wellbeing platform provides access to information about occupational health and EAP services plus self-help content. It includes engaging materials covering Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Life and Healthy Work - including videos, podcasts, articles and guides. There are two sub-sections within the platform, one for managers and the other for employees.
- The Managers section includes access to resources to support line managers in their role, including a well-being calendar, learning opportunities such as well-being workshops and information on specific health conditions.
- The Employees section includes access to resources including videos, podcasts, articles and guides and fast access to contracted services such as Optimise and the Employee Assistance Programme.
The Optimise platform is a health and wellbeing app available to all employees. You will need to register when you first access the app and will be required to answer a series of lifestyle questions to create a Quealth score. The Quealth score will produce specific recommendations based on your answers.
- Healthy Days - see how positive lifestyle changes translate into life free of illness and disease or additional “healthy days”.
- Wellbeing Resources - packed with articles, videos and podcasts, divided into eight broad lifestyle categories. Partnered with the Money Advice Service to bring you all their great tools, calculators and resources.
- Wearable Integration - integrates with leading fitness trackers and wearables to track and monitor your lifestyle data.
- Rewards & Recognition - smart onboarding, pulse surveys, status levels, badges, streaks, goals and more.
- Assessment Centre - a collection of mental, physical and financial health checks headlined by awarded-winning Quealth Score and the Big Five assessments.
- Personalised Dashboard - packed with suggestions and prompts, it provides direct links to all platform features.
To register, employees will need to use our organisation code '3963' and either:
- visit the Optimise website to create an account
- download the Optimise app from the Apple App Store or Google Play App Store
Employee Assistance Programme Posters for maintained Schools (PDF)
Employee Assistance Programme Posters for Academies (PDF)
Well-being app information (PDF)