Schools Linking Network
Schools Linking Network
The Schools Linking Network supports schools and communities to develop a positive, cohesive ethos by helping children, young people and adults to explore identity, celebrate diversity, champion equality and promote community.
On these pages, you will find resources and presentations that you can download.
For further information please visit The School Linking Network website.
Save the Date!
Our Celebration event will take place on July 15th at 2pm
Details to follow
Please join us for CPD2 training on
27th May 2 - 4pm
This will introduce the 4 lessons for the second phase of the school linking.
School Linking update Jan 21
In light of the continued pressures everyone is under and no sign of schools opening in the near future, the linking Network continue to add to the remote learning area resources. They have just created a resource based on the wonderful poem: The Hill We Climb, written and recited by Amanda Gorman at Joe Biden’s inauguration. We hope it will help students be inspired by the positivity and passion and allow them to reflect on how the words can have an impact on their own lives. Powerpoint
School Linking 20/21 - For all Schools and year groups
The School linking project in Buckinghamshire is continuing this year , albeit virtually, with exciting programmes and activities. Benefits include:
- Activities for the school linking project are wonderful and will help to provide a planned programme to support the recovery curriculum and wider social connection for children. Meeting new people and making new connections is vital for the development of children and young people - school linking provides a safe, structured and meaningful way to do this .
- The Autumn term will largely focus on exploring identity, belonging and the important themes relating to equalities and personal and social development
- The Spring term will focus on linking with the linked class and building relationships
- The Summer term will culminate in a shared project and celebration of school linking
- You will receive excellent support from the Bucks SLN team with monthly catch up surgeries along with support from the National Linking Team
- Schools will be allocated some money to purchase resources to enhance the project. Eg to buy texts to support the project. There is an excellent list of books recommended by the National Lining Network , just using these resources in the curriculum will enrich not only those pupils pairing , but can be used throughout the school to support PSHE, Equalities teaching and SMSC.
We are sincerely hoping you will be able to have some visits in the summer term if all goes well.
The Linking Network's Guide to Social Distancing During Covid19
The School Linking Network in Bradford have produced a new secondary resource which highlights the importance of social distancing and why it is important that students continue to stay safe by staying at home. It explains the underlying science, why it works and why it matters.
The resource has been designed to be accessed directly by students.
Social distancing saves lives. But how does it work? What actually is the R rate? We have created a home learning resource for secondary pupils, highlighting the importance of staying home and staying safe. Please take a look…
The powerpoint can be found below:
Or watch and listen to a video version on Youtube:
Please note that government guidelines on the lockdown are changing regularly but the message regarding social distancing and the reasons it is important currently remain the same.