The PHSE Association have just released some new free resources for schools (no membership required)
A fantastic resource for ages 15 to 18 year old students, has been produced by the Metropolitan Police to support discussions within school/colleges and youth provisions relating to Hate Crime and Prevent. They are based on a video made by Humza Arshad, the actor & comedian behind Humza Productions on YouTube. His productions include "Diary of a Badman" and "Badman".
There are 5 sessions in total including an assembly presentation, video and lesson plans.
if you would like more information or a link to the resource please contact us.
- PREVENT Duty Guidance - GOV.UK
- PREVENT E-Learning
- Prevent Referral Training
- Channel Awareness training
- CHANNEL Information Leaflet
Critical Thinking Resources
Having more time on the internet means children and young people may come across fake news and conspiracy theories so giving them the skills to navigate these along with counter narratives is vital.
We have a number of presentations and lesson plans to help deliver these messages in PHSE / ICT classes, which can be tailored to your group - ask us for details.
Below are links to documents and resource information for schools.
- Educate against Hate - a government website that has a wide range of resources for classrooms of all ages, including those with autism spectrum conditions, giving teachers the information and guidance teachers to enable them to teach these sensitive subjects with confidence
- Zak Resource Information - this has been updated with another resource called Young Gamer aimed at yrs 5 - 8. For a demonstration or a licence please contact us.
- Maryam and Joe Resource Information
- EqualiTeach - run workshops for all ages on radicalisation and critical thinking
- LGFL ( London grid for learning) have resources to support schools with the prevent duty schools
- Safeguarding Board Prevent Information
- BBC Bitesize have launched a fact of fake campaign
- The National Literacy trust offer fake news and critical literacy resources including lesson plans for different subject areas