The PHSE Association have just released some new free resources for schools (no membership required)
New Free Resource on Knife Crime
The Ben Kinsella Trust and the National Justice Museum in Nottingham have jointly produced free knife crime lesson plans for schools for KS2, KS3 and KS4. The two charities have shared their expertise to produce four new primary school lesson plans on topics surrounding knife crime.
These PSHE lesson plans for schools teaching KS2, KS3 and KS4 are based on video testimony from ex gang members, victims and offenders. The lessons include all the worksheets, activities and film that you need to run a successful lesson.
The lessons, for school years 5 and 6 (Key Stage 2), focus on video content from real people with real lived experience of knife crime.
The four lessons are:
- Keeping Safe
- Consequences of knife crime
- Laws on knife carrying
- Communicating the problem
A fantastic resource for ages 15 to 18 year old students, has been produced by the Metropolitan Police to support discussions within school/colleges and youth provisions relating to Hate Crime and Prevent. They are based on a video made by Humza Arshad, the actor & comedian behind Humza Productions on YouTube. His productions include "Diary of a Badman" and "Badman".
There are 5 sessions in total including an assembly presentation, video and lesson plans.
if you would like more information or a link to the resource please contact us.
- PREVENT Duty Guidance - GOV.UK
- PREVENT E-Learning
- Prevent Referral Training
- Channel Awareness training
- CHANNEL Information Leaflet
Resources for Schools
If you require a specific topic to be covered please contact us.
- Secondary - what is Prevent Film - Hollyoaks
- Secondary - what is extremism
- Secondary - what is extremism lesson plan
- Secondary - what is radicalisation
- Secondary - what is radicalisation lesson plan
- Secondary - Conspiracy Theories
- Secondaries - Conspiracy Theories lesson plan
- Secondary - Conspiracy Theories Explained with Instagram clips
- Secondary - Conspiracy Theory Chart
- KS2 - Conspiracy Theories
- KS2 - Conspiracies - Lesson Plan
- KS1 - Lies
- KS1 - Lies - Lesson Plan
Below are links to documents and resource information for schools.
- Educate against Hate - a government website that has a wide range of resources for classrooms of all ages, including those with autism spectrum conditions, giving teachers the information and guidance teachers to enable them to teach these sensitive subjects with confidence
- Zak Resource Information - this has been updated with another resource called Young Gamer aimed at years 5 - 8. For a demonstration or a licence please contact us.
- Maryam and Joe Resource Information
- EqualiTeach - run workshops for all ages on radicalisation and critical thinking
- LGFL ( London grid for learning) have resources to support schools with the prevent duty schools
- Safeguarding Board Prevent Information
- BBC Bitesize have launched a fact of fake campaign
- The National Literacy trust offer fake news and critical literacy resources including lesson plans for different subject areas