Buckinghamshire agreed syllabus 2016 - 2021
Challenging RE - version 3 (the agreed syllabus) is now available to download.
Bucks Agreed Syllabus for RE 2016-21 (Pdf version)
Bucks Agreed Syllabus for RE 2016-21 (Word version)
Our core vision
We seek to ensure that all pupils in our schools develop spiritually, academically, emotionally and morally.
This helps them understand themselves and others and cope with the opportunities, challenges and responsibilities of living in a rapidly changing world.
Our vision for schools is to be able to:
- provide challenging learning through the RE Curriculum;
- promote an inspirational and aspirational ethos through meaningful and engaging Collective Worship; and
- contribute to community cohesion by engaging the whole school community in an exploration of identity and community in the local, national and global context.
For the Local Authority to:
- place a high priority on the role of RE and Collective Worship in schools;
- aim to provide sufficient resource to support schools in the above;
- work in partnership with SACRE to build links between schools and local faith communities
For SACRE members to:
- represent their constituents in the spirit of promoting educational RE and Collective Worship within statutory regulations;
- represent fairly the views of their constituents as far as this is possible;
- work with other members of SACRE to model and promote respect for and understanding of different beliefs and lifestyles and a universal search for what it means to be human