COVID-19 Support for Families
COVID-19 Support for Families
The government has published Emergency funding to support most vulnerable in society during pandemic. The funding was announced on 2nd May to support survivors of domestic abuse, sexual violence and modern slavery as well as ensuring vulnerable children and young people continue to get the help they need.
Finance, Jobs and Benefits advice and guidance
The Bucks Family Information Service has links to resouces with information to help families with financial advice, emergency food and essential item suppliers, information and updates. Some services may not be open or have reduced capacity over this period.
This includes information on:
- claiming benefits, including a link to how to apply for Local Emergency Support
- housing association update - information about plans, staffing, repairs and what families can do if they are unable to work because they are self-isolating or unable to pay their rent
- food banks and emergency items distributors for each of the three areas across Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale, Chiltern South Bucks and High Wycombe
Follow the link COVID-19 Finance, Jobs and Benefits advice and guidance for more information
The Family Support Service
Following the latest Government advice, the Family Support Service will no longer be running drop-in sessions at the 3 Family Centre Plus sites (Mapledean, Southcourt and Newtown). For now, all family centre sites will remain closed to help prevent the risk of spreading Covid 19.
- If a family needs urgent support and has a Family Worker, they can call them directly. Family Support workers will be maintaining regular contact with existing clients to offer support and advice.
- If a family doesn’t currently have a Family Worker and needs some help or advice, they can contact the Buckinghamshire Family Information Service on 01296 383293.
- They can make a request for support by completing the online form
- Anyone concerned about the welfare of a child should contact First Response on 01296 383 962 (or 0800 999 7677 out of hours).
Please see the webpages on Buckinghamshire Family Information Service on Family Support Service (FSS)
Local Support Hubs
Local Support Hubs are being set up by Buckinghamshire Council to help support the most vulnerable people in our communities. They are for people who do not have access to family, friends, or local networks who can help them. There are 8 hubs across the county, which are being used as coordination and distribution points for the Council’s volunteer support network.
COVID -19 Advice and Support families
During these challenging times, your local Family Information Service are here to assist and support families. We are pulling together resources, information, and guidance which we will keep updated on a regular basis.
This section has information on:
- Advice and Support from your Council
- Advice and Support from your Family Information Service
- Advice for those with a Special Educational Need of Disability
Follow the link COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Advice and Support for families - Bucks Family Information Service for more information