Language: The Story Hand
An Overview of common Mental Health Issues in Children and Young People
This training offers a brief introduction to the MH issues often seen by professionals in front line work with CYP. It highlights risk issues and local and national resources. It is primarily an information giving session designed to help staff identify mental health issues and appropriate help for children, young people and their families.
- Gain an understanding of the most common mental health issues which may affect children and young people, including those with social workers.
- Identify when emerging mental health issues are presenting.
- Identify what support schools can provide to children and their families to help them cope with their mental health difficulties.
- Identify external support available for children and young people with mental health difficulties.
Laura Tozer (Mental Health Support Team-Clinical Lead)
Who should book on:
- Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Designated Teachers
- Pastoral Lead
- Mental Health First Aider