Placement out of chronological year group
Placement of pupils out of their chronological year group
Buckinghamshire County Council recognises that a small number of children may require consideration for education provision that may better meet their needs outside of their year group.
The decision to either delay entry to school or to educate a in a year group outside of chronological age requires careful consideration of the individual circumstances of the child.
The following documents provide advice and guidance in relation to summer born children who may be considered for delayed entry to a Buckinghamshire school or any child who may be considered for education within a year group outside of their chronological age.
Delayed Entry Procedure
- Parents complete application form and send to A&T team
- Parent advised to still make a primary school application
- Preferred schools are sent School's response form to complete
- Case considered by panel
- A&T team advise parents of outcome
Repeated Year Procedure
- School initiates a formal application
- Application considered by panel
- A&T team advises in writing outcome.
- Parents cannot appeal the panel outcome