A-Z Listing


Leadership Workshops

The 2019-20 programme of Leadership Development Workshops offers you and your staff the opportunity to hear from nationally significant speakers on topics of current interest and to network with colleagues. Phil Beadle - Transformational Teaching Friday 22 November 9:30am to 1:30pm Aylesbury Methodist Church and Community Centre, Buckingham Street, Aylesbury, HP20 2NQ Phil Beadle is former UK secondary teacher of the year, with a vast experience as an education consultant, teacher trainer, and…

Learning to drive

A provisional driving license (vocational) is required to drive vehicles in the following categories: Passenger Carrying Vehicle with 9 or more passenger seats (Category D) Passenger Carrying Vehicle with 9 to 16 passenger seats (Minibuses) (Category D1) Large Goods Vehicle with a maximum authorised mass exceeding 3.5 tonnes. (Category C) Large Goods Vehicle with a maximum authorised mass exceeding 3.5 tonnes, but not exceeding 7.5 tonnes (Category C1) Driving license requirements Drivers who p…

Legionella Training

This Legionella course aims to assist duty holders to understand their legal responsibilities, and the health risks created by legionella bacteria, the control measures to reduce risks associated with Legionella Bacteria and support compliance with the L8 Approved Code of Practice (The control of legionella bacteria in water systems) This course will provide basic training in managing and controlling water supplies in the school and explain the premises Legionella log book. Suitable for - this…


Developed to advise and assist Governing Boards in relation to child protection whilst letting school premises. Buckinghamshire County Council has a corporate Lettings Policy and this guidance is intended to be compliant with that policy. Background Review: Annual review for Schools Financial Value Standard Local Guidance Lettings – School Guidance

Literacy governor

Primary school governing boards are encouraged to appoint a Literacy Governor to take an interest in literacy in the school and to offer a source of support and challenge. The precise responsibilities of the Literacy Governor need to be agreed by the governing board and so will vary from school to school. This advice is designed to provide a framework for that role. Why do we need a literacy governor? The governing board is responsible for the strategic direction of the school, including the de…

Local Authority Management Information Strategy

The Buckinghamshire Schools - Local Authority (LA) Management Information Strategy has been updated on a number of occasions since it was first published. The Management Information Strategy's main aim was, and still is, to set out the key principles and practical steps needed in order to strengthen the use of data and the access to information needed in both schools and the Local Authority to fulfil their respective responsibilities. The revised version focuses on those areas of the Strategy t…

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good